Wednesday, November 24, 2010

You did what????

On Friday, November 19th 2010 at around 6:00am, I checked into Toronto General Hospital to donate a kidney, my left to be exact! Over the next few days, I'll be collecting my thoughts and organizing my memories and experiences so I may share them with all who visit these pages.

Obviously, I survived the procedure. My recipient, whom I don't know, nor have I ever met, is also doing fine. It's been a wild journey, lots of ups, lots of downs. As a multiple living organ donor, the medical tests I've endured have been many. Do I have regrets? Nope. I set out to donate a kidney and part of my liver...and I have! How am I doing right now? I'm sore....very sore, and I'm tired. Keep checking back as updates will be frequent.

Also, I have enabled the ''comments'' option. (comments will be moderated) Feel free to leave a comment if you like, or you may email me via the link on my 'About Me' page. I have many changes planned for this blog so check back for updates.

Channy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Channy! You should write a book!

I would like more information on being a multiple organ donor. How does the kidney experience compare to the liver?

I'm looking forward to reading future posts. I wish you the best for a speedy recover. Cheers to the person receiving your incredible gift.

Vic